Here are the IIT Safety Gold Rules for international travelers:
- The most important rule of all is to use common sense, even at home you always want to remain alert of your surroundings to avoid any unpleasant situation.
- Having too much cash on you will never be a good idea when traveling internationally, use the safety deposit box in the hotel to keep it safe. When outside keep small amount of local currency just enough for the activity you have in mind.
- Never keep all your money in the same place, throwaway wallet and money pouches for additional cash can be very useful.
- Eventually you will need to use an ATM machine, and we strongly recommend using only ATMs that are found at public places such as Shopping Malls and banks within tourist areas.
- Do not attract the problems, wearing expensive jewelry and a presumptuous attitude will only draw unwanted attention to you, this will be equal of wearing a neon sign saying “Easy Target”
- Last but not least, if you or your company are not using a reputable agency like IIT DMC to watch over your group night activities, be proactive and designate one person from your traveling group to remain sober and keep an eye on everyone else, to help them out if they need to take a taxi back to the hotel if needed.
Cancun is Saver than EVER! We took Safety and Security on our hands, every hotel has its own security and the city itself is well protected by different police forces, our common goal is for you to have a completely relaxing and carefree #CancunTime.
By Oscar Flores, CIS